- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team, including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans and reporting
- Helps the Board determine the Company’s values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Supporting the Board’s role in giving firm strategic direction to Ignite, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the activities of the Company and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its Committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its Committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy directions.
- Pursues global best practices on national research and innovation strategies and keeps the Board updated on the same.
- Implementation of strategies and policies approved by the Board, making appropriate arrangements to ensure that funds and resources are properly safeguarded and are used economically, efficiently and effectively and in accordance with all statutory obligations.
- Review outcomes and metrics created by Ignite for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
Management and administration:
- Provides general oversight of all the Company’s activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
Foster ICT Research, Development and Innovation:
- Facilitates the integration of the Company’s activities into the very fabric of the Pakistan’s ICT Research, Development and Innovation community.
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the Ignite, its services and its stakeholders.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the Ignite, ensuring proper representation of the Company at all relevant forums.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Works with representatives of academia and industry to promote and foster relevant research and innovation in ICT that delivers measurable socio economic growth of Pakistan.
- Promote measurable domestic and international collaboration between ICT Research, Development and Innovation communities.
- Promote and measure funded Research & Innovation commercialization.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its Committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board Chairperson to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Focuses Board attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues
- Promotes programs, projects and services that are delivered in a cost-effective manner, while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with the Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals
- Assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent people management skills and have the ability to work with both senior academicians and top industry leaders.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with senior government officials, political leaders and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of providing vision, leading and managing multiple teams of top professionals and delivering concrete and measureable results in a demanding corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience of evaluating and applying emerging technologies to transform businesses and deliver sustainable competitive advantage.
- Experience of Industry/Academia, Research & Innovation and collaboration/commercialization would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in technology-based entrepreneurship or innovation or incubation or start-up funding or managing start-ups.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Computers or other ICT related disciplines) / Computer Sciences or other ICT related disciplines from HEC recognized University with minimum sixteen years of formal education,
- MBA/Masters in Engineering (ICT related discipline) / Sciences (Computers, ICT related disciplines) / Management from HEC recognized university / Member of a recognized body of professional accountants.
- Must have at least 15 years of professional experience with five years at a relevant senior management/decision making position and management of multiple parallel projects.
- The applicant is required to complete and sign an Application Form, as per the attached format provided within the Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015, to demonstrate his fitness and propriety for the position of the chief executive.
- Copies of the degrees/testimonials, duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant, shall also be provided alongwith the application. Application in no conformity with this requirement shall not be entertained.
- The applicant shall also submit a declaration on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value, as per the format provided within the Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015, that he is not ineligible to act as a chief executive, in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance, the Rules and these Guidelines.