Main Purpose (Role Summary)
1. The Deputy Manager Legal will be responsible for managing the legal affairs of the Company and devising and implementing legal strategy to safeguard the company’s interest.
Principal Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Drafting & reviewing contracts, agreements and other legal documents.
- Participating in contract negotiations and ensure compliance with all legal documentation requirements;
- Contract fulfillment and custodian of contract repository.
- Providing legal advice for the operations of the Compnay and all potential legal issues.
- Follow up of project contract and subcontract to assure fulfillment of contractual obligations from all parties;
- Development and execution of an effective system for IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) sharing.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all litigation;
- Responsible for handling all potential legal matters, including analysis, evaluation, and defense of any legal dispute;
- Monitoring changes in laws and regulations that may affect departmental operations and implementing policy and procedural changes as required.
- Any other task assigned by management from time to time.
- Flexible to travel within Pakistan.
Knowledge, Qualification, Skills, and Experience
Qualification and Experience
- At least LLB Degree, however, LLM degree holders will be given preference;
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience of serving in the corporate sector is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the Pakistani legal system and familiarity with IPR issues, legal drafting, and legal dispute settlement.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who also have specific experience relating to IPR, contract & arbitration issues.
- Code of Corporate Governance, Labor Laws, IPR Laws, Contract Act, employment laws
- Excellent Communication
- Drafting Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Presentation Skills.
Compensation and benefits
- Market competitive compensation package including medical & life insurance and gratuity.
Please note that by remaining within overall scope of the position, the competent authority may update/change JDs and reporting line at any time during period of employment.