Main Purpose (Role Summary)
1. The purpose of the position is to ensure that all funded projects are;
- Following approved budgets,
- Submitting quarterly financial reports
- Submitting supporting documents of all expenses incurred
- Paying all applicable Government taxes
- Complying with Ignite’s policies for funded projects
Principal Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
- The Assistant Manager - Financial Monitoring will be responsible for carrying out financial monitoring of the funded projects. Key job responsibilities include:
- Ensure the financial compliance of funded projects with approved budgets.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and suggest improvement where weakness in controls is observed.
- Effective financial management of the assigned projects portfolio to ensure timely processing of payments and point out any variances
- Maintain financial records; review submitted financial reports and liason with the management of projects.
- Conduct onsite financial monitoring of funded projects.
- Any other task assigned by management from time to time.
Knowledge, Qualification, Skills, and Experience
Qualification and Experience
- Should have bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, commerce or business administration or member of IFAC recognized accounting bodies and associates.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Adequate knowledge of finance, accounting, audit and taxation.
- Excellent in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter that can work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Compensation and benefits
- Market competitive compensation package including medical & life insurance and gratuity.
Please note that by remaining within overall scope of the position, the competent authority may update/change JDs and reporting line at any time during period of employment.