Main Purpose (Role Summary)
1. Assistant Manager (Financial) Projects will be responsible for performing several activities related to funded projects, including data gathering and analysis, cash flow monitoring and reporting, tax compliance, payment processing and working with project execution team members and key stakeholders according to project scope, requirements and business needs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure financial compliance of funded projects with all applicable policies, procedures, and taxes.
- Effective financial management of the assigned projects portfolio to ensure timely processing of payments.
- Custodian of financial records, the point of contact with executing agencies and other stakeholders on routine financial matters.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and suggest improvement where weakness in controls is observed.
- Monitoring of budget expenditure to ensure expenses of funded projects are contained within approved budgets.
- Ensure that relevant record and monitoring information adhere to the funding requirement.
- Preparation of cost estimates and budgets of forthcoming projects and programs of projects department.
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis for presentation to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate & manage internal & external audits of funded projects.
- Any other task assigned by management from time to time.
Knowledge, Qualification, Skills, and Experience
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 14 years of education with CA-Intermediate (Articles from a reputable firm) or Member ACCA.
- At least three year post qualification relevant experience in finance and accounting.
- Adequate knowledge of finance, accounting, audit, taxation, IFRS, contract evaluation and budgeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter that can work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software and advance Excel.
- A team player.
Compensation and benefits
- Market competitive compensation package including medical & life insurance and gratuity.
Please note that by remaining within overall scope of the position, the competent authority may update/change JDs and reporting line at any time during period of employment.