Main Purpose (Role Summary)
Manager S&E-AI & Big Data will be responsible to lead Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and other innovation technology initiatives at Ignite. The incumbent will be responsible for soliciting and evaluating as well as designing Artificial Intelligence & Big Data funding/investment initiatives The Manager will act as a key contributor and facilitator in identifying funding/investment opportunities that may include leading a cross functional team comprised of members from different domains and departments.
Principal Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
- To lead design and development of projects that are related to Enterprise Systems and web portals.
- To design RFPs for conducting international standard AI survey in key industry verticals such as agriculture, health, education, Govt. as a platform, citizen security, ease of doing business, energy, etc.
- To lead all strategic initiatives in areas of AI and Big Data.
- To keep eye on national AI strategy/policy as well as on the changing global technology trends to understand the real world problems and disruption caused by 4IR technologies.
- To identify thematic projects in the field of AI and Big Data technologies in Pakistan with global application and utility.
- To help SEED team in fostering an innovation culture in the Company by leading initiatives in cross-functional teams on AI and Big Data Projects
- To solicit and evaluate funding proposals on design and development of Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- To take lead in designing strategic initiatives at Ignite that are aimed towards helping the Government in achieving its mission of using AI for benefits and security of its citizens.
Knowledge, Qualification, Skills, and Experience
Qualification and Experience
- 18 years of education in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering in related technical field from a well reputed HEC recognized university or a renowned international institution.
- At least 05 years of work experience in technical development or VC Fund environment. Candidatd having experience of leading a project team will have advantage.
- The preferred candidate has to be a self-starter, creative thinker, collaborator and a confident communicator with a passion for excellence.
Experience of working:
- With open source technologies: open source operating systems, VMs, programming languages and open databases.
- On Cloud platforms such as: Amazon Web Service, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, IBM Bluemix etc.
- As a lead or active team member in developing an AI Platform and AI enablement of projects.
- Cognitive Computing, Cloud, Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning technologies.
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with a diverse range of employees.
- Service Oriented
- A team player with strong ability to lead a medium-sized project team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Time Management Skills
Compensation and benefits
- Market competitive compensation package including medical & life insurance and gratuity.
Please note that by remaining within overall scope of the position, the competent authority may update/change JDs and reporting line at any time during period of employment.